How much does a new passport cost?
As of March 8, 2005
Routine Services (Form DS-11)
Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $67. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97 .
Under Age 16: The passport application fee is $52. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82 .
The passport application fee includes the $12.00 Security Surcharge, which became effective March 8, 2005.
Methods of Payment -
Both fees and the surcharge are combined into one payment to the ''U.S. Department of State'':
- Credit Cards - VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- Debit/Check cards (not ATM cards)
- Checks (personal, certified, cashiers', travelers'), money orders (U.S. Postal, international, currency exchange), bank drafts
Note: If abroad, U.S. Embassies and Consulates accept the foreign currency equivalent, or a check drawn on a U.S. bank.
You pay the passport application fee and the security surcharge to the ''U.S. Department of State'' and the execution fee to the facility where you are applying.
For Passport Application Fee:
- Personal checks, money orders, and bank drafts at all locations
- Exact cash at some locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
For Execution Fee:
- Money orders and bank drafts at all locations
- Personal checks and exact cash at some locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
- Credit cards at U.S. Postal Facilities and some other locations (verify with the Acceptance Facility)
Passport Renewal (Form DS-82)
You may use this form if your previous passport:
- Was issued when you were 16 or older.
- Was issued in the last 15 years.
- Is not damaged.
- Is submitted with your application.
The passport application fee is $67 .
Expedited Service - Add $60 for each application
For any service - e.g., first-time application, renewal, additional pages, name change
Additionally, to receive your passport as soon as possible, we strongly suggest that you arrange overnight delivery service for:
- Sending your passport application
- Returning your passport to you.
Can't Find Something?