Spencer business rebuilding after devastating fire
SPENCER, Iowa (KTIV) -- A Spencer, Iowa business is getting back into the swing of things less than two months after a devastating fire.
Wholesale distributor Crescent Electric has been working out of this temporary space since March after its building was destroyed. Authorities say snow and ice collapsed a gas line, and a furnace leaking natural gas ignited the fire.
Crescent's manager says they're just about to begin rebuilding the business in the same location, and hope to be finished in about six months. He says even though business barely missed a beat, the fire has presented plenty of difficulties.
Crescent Electric branch manager Jeff Sundall says, "It's been a challenge. To start all over, rebuilding your rolodex, your catalogs, your inventory."
Sundall says the company provided the Spencer branch with supplies until it was back up and running. Right now, crews are working to prepare the construction site for the new building.