CW Suter releases statement on house explosion - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

CW Suter releases statement on house explosion


SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -- Sioux City fire investigators say gas vapors filled a home on Cheyenne Boulevard Tuesday, leading to the explosion that rocked the home after the vapors were ignited by a heat source.

Officials say that happened after a valve to an uncapped gas line in the laundry area was accidentally left open by a repairman with CW Suter in Sioux City.

They say the home owner had smelled gas earlier in the day and called the repairman.

John Baker, Vice President of CW Suter says, "We are glad that no one got hurt -- we are continuing to investigate the situation to find out exactly what happened."

Powered by Frankly