A home in Le Mars, Iowa has sustained heavy damage in a fire that broke out early Wednesday morning. Le Mars firefighters were called to 45 4th Ave. SE at 12:40am. The home is owned by Chris Cronin and occupied by renter Heather Daniel. Three people were in the home when the fire broke out but everyone got out safely. Investigators determined the fire started in the attached garage, probably from discarded smoking material in the trash can. The garage and a minivan inside were heavily damaged by flames and smoke. Firefighters were able to keep the flames away from the home but the home did sustain heavy smoke damage. Total damages are estimated at up to $50,000.