- A naturally occurring, radioactive gas released from rock, soil, and water
- Can accumulate to dangerous levels inside buildings
- We can't see, smell, or taste radon
- Can be a problem in any home, school, or building across the country
What is the problem?
- Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers
- Radon causes more than 20,000 lung cancer deaths annually in the United States
What is the solution?
- Test your home or building for radon
- It's the only way to know if you have a radon problem
- You can fix a radon problem
- Most homes can be fixed for about the same cost as other common home repairs
For more Information:
See the National Radon Action Month Web site www.epa.gov/radon/nram
Test kits can be picked for $5 from
Siouxland District Health Department
1014 Nebraska St. Sioux City, IA 712-279-6119
Or your local hardware store.
Together we can save lives from
radon-induced lung cancer!
230 Nebraska St.
Sioux City, IA 51101
Monday ∼ Friday: 7am- 5pm