Kiwi Cod - prepared by Joshua Jackson, Executive Chef, Minerva's
• Kiwi Pico de Gallo
• 6 Kiwis peeled and diced
• 2 Roma Tomatoes peeled and diced
• 1 small onion diced
• 1-2 jalapenos diced
• 1 lime juiced
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp salt and pepper
• 1 Tablespoon Honey
• 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped Cilantro
1. Prep all fruits and vegetables and hold in a container.
2. Add Lime juice, Honey, Olive Oil and all seasonings.
3. Finish with Cilantro and Reserve for later use, Flavor develops more as it sits, but will only be fresh for 3 days.
• 1 6-8oz cod filet
• Salt and Pepper
• 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1 non-stick sauté pan
1. Add Olive Oil to sauté pan and turn burner to high.
2. Season each side of cod with salt and pepper.
3. Allow pan to get hot.
4. Add seasoned cod to pan. Always lay away from yourself not towards yourself when cooking with oil.
5. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 1st side for 5 minutes, then turn fish away from you and cook the rest of the way. The Cod should be a nice golden brown color on each side.
6. Total cooking time will be around 10 – 12 minutes
7. Fish should always reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. If you have a bimetallic stemmed thermometer you can check the internal temperature. Otherwise when Cod starts to flake and has a firm spongy feel turn the heat off and let rest 2 minutes.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.