Fresh Spinach and Orzo Salad - prepared by Sarah Nelson, RD, LD, Hamilton Hy-Vee Dietitian, Certified Health Coach
All you need:
• Orzo pasta, whole wheat if possible
• Olive Oil
• 2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• Feta cheese, crumbled
• Arugala, chopped
• Spinach, chopped
• Basil, diced
• Pine nuts, toasted
• Salt and pepper, to taste
All you do:
1. Cook orzo according to box directions until al dente. Drain liquid from pasta and let cool on a sheet pan after drizzling a little olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss to coat then let cool.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a small skillet. Remove from pan and let cool.
3. Add cooled orzo to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients: feta cheese, craisins, arugula, spinach and basil. Add pine nuts. Season as needed.
4. Refrigerate until served. This pasta salad gets better over time. Allow at least 1-2 hours refrigeration.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.