by Manavi Menon
Between all of Mother's do's and don'ts, there were several words of wisdom I'll pass down the family tree.
1. The Smarts. You can lose all your possessions, but no one can take away your education.
2. Money Matters . Put away for a rainy day (every month)! You just never know...
3. Travel Triumph. Always pack your toothbrush and an extra set of clothes in your hand luggage.
4. Sweet Dreams. You have to get a good night's sleep to get the best of the day.
5. Natural Beauty. Have plenty of water, raw vegetables and fruit. You'll thank me later when you have naturally glowing skin.
6. Stress Management. Get rid of everything you don't need in your home, and stop overextending yourself!
7. Self-Care. Quit smoking, see a doctor, start exercising. Your body isn't a trash can!
8. Relationships. Don't be too quick to judge people before taking the time to understand them.
9. Marital Marvel. Keep the daily life nit picks in perspective with your gift of lifetime companionship.
10. Parenting. Your children will need your unconditional love. Always.
11. Flexibility. You may find something distasteful or someone not likeable, but when you use the word "hate," it leaves no room for change.
12. Responsibility. Get off the couch and go change the world!
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.