Heart-Healthy French Toast - prepared by Sarah Nelson, RD, LD, Hamilton Hy-Vee Dietitian, Certified Health Coach
All you need:
• 1 ripe banana, mashed
• ½ cup milk substitute like almond milk, soymilk or coconut milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp ground flaxseed
• ½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and/or allspice
• 4 slices whole grain bread slices
Optional: topping such as fresh fruits or berries, low-fat yogurt or nuts
All you do:
1. Combine banana, milk substitute, vanilla and spice in a shallow bowl.
2. Dip bead slices in the mixture and cook in a non-stick pan on medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
3. Serve with fresh fruits and non-fat yogurt.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.