Caramelized Brussels Sprouts - prepared by Sarah Nelson, RD, LD, Hamilton Hy-Vee Dietitian
All you need:
• 12-14 large Brussels sprouts
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• pinch sea salt
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
Optional: fresh orange juice, minced fresh ginger
All you do:
1. Slice each Brussels sprout very thin until you have a mound of feathery Brussels sprout ribbons.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium high in a large skillet and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts and continue sautéing for another 4-5 minutes, until bright green and tender.
4. Add sea salt and brown sugar and toss together. Finish by adding toasted nuts. Optional: squeeze a few tablespoons of fresh orange juice over dish or add some minced fresh ginger for some extra heat.
5. Serve and enjoy!
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.