Basil Mango Lime Smoothie with Chia - prepared by Sarah Nelson, RD, LD, Hamilton Hy-Vee Dietitian
What you need:
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons honey
• Finely chopped zest of 1/2 lime
• 4 fresh basil leaves
• 10-ounce package frozen mango chunks, thawed
• 2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
What you do:
1. In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds, water and lime juice. Set aside for 1 hour to let the seeds plump and become gelatinous.
2. In a blender combine the soaked chia seeds (with the liquid), honey, lime zest, basil, mango and yogurt. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving (values are rounded to the nearest whole number): 160 calories; 10 calories from fat (6 percent of total calories); 1 g fat (0 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrate; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 55 mg sodium.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.