MMMM Good Fruit Pizza - prepared by Renee Sweers, Nutrition and Health Program Specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Yield: 8 servings, 1 slice each
For the cookie crust:
• 1 large egg white
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup uncooked quick cooking oatmeal
• Cooking spray
For the topping:
• 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
• ½ (6-ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt
• Fruit for topping the pizza
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Use a medium mixing bowl to beat egg white until foamy. Add oil and sugar. Beat until smooth.
3. Use a small bowl to stir together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture. Stir in oatmeal.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread the dough in a 9-inch circle.
5. Bake about 12 minutes. Crust will begin to puff but does not look done. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes. The crust continues to cook while cooling.
6. Use a small bowl to stir together the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
7. Transfer the crust to a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Arrange fruit on top.
8. Cut into wedges and serve, or refrigerate up to 2 hours, covered and uncut.
• The crust may be divided into 8 individual cookies so that each person can "decorate" their cookie with the fruit of their choice. The individual cookies may also be frozen and used as needed.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.