Beef Steak Al Forno - prepared by Nancy Degner, Executive Director, Iowa Beef Industry Council
Total recipe time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
• 4 beef shoulder top blade steaks (Flat Iron) (about 8 ounces each)
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Combine thyme, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. During last 2 minutes of grilling, sprinkle with cheese. Season with salt, as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutrition information per serving: 125 mg cholesterol; 157 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 38 g protein; 5.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 8.8 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 57.1 mcg selenium; 13.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.