Space heater receives blame for Jennings Street fire - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Space heater receives blame for Jennings Street fire

Posted:
FILE: Authorities say a space heater likely caused this fire at 821Jennings Street in Sioux City on Sept. 26, 2012.0 FILE: Authorities say a space heater likely caused this fire at 821Jennings Street in Sioux City on Sept. 26, 2012.0
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -

The cause of a Sioux City apartment fire has been determined. Authorities say the fire at 821 Jennings Street last week was likely started by a space heater inside one of the units. No one was inside the unit where the fire started. All other tenants were able to get out safely. Officials say there was minor smoke throughout the rest of the apartments.
  

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.