Cherries Jubilee - prepared by Hy-Vee Chef Rich
• 1 pound pitted sweet cherries, halved
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 fluid ounce brandy
• pinch of kosher salt
• 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
1. In a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat combine the cherries, brown sugar and unsalted butter. Cook gently until the butter and sugar have melted and the cherries begin to release some of their juice. Continue to stir until the mixture is bubbling gently, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the bourbon and kosher salt. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice to taste, and let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Divide ice cream between 6 bowls and top with a cherry mixture.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.