Fire officials say an electrical malfunction is to blame for a f - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Fire officials say an electrical malfunction is to blame for a fire that heavily damaged a Cherokee, IA home

Posted:
The Cherokee fire chief says there were working smoke detectors at 223 Euclid Street. The Cherokee fire chief says there were working smoke detectors at 223 Euclid Street.

Authorities say the fire broke out on the front porch around 3 a.m. Saturday morning at this home at 223 Euclid Street.

The home is owned by Steve Nixon.

A police officer driving by, woke up the family that was sleeping inside and helped them to safety.

The Cherokee fire chief says there were working smoke detectors in the home.

The family three cats died in the fire.

Those living in the home are now staying with family members.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.