Fire damages a Norfolk, Nebraska home New Year's night
Renters of a Norfolk, Nebraska home have to start the New Year looking for a new place to live after a fire damaged their rental home.
According to the captain of the Norfolk Fire Division, they received a call just before 10 o'clock Tuesday night for a house fire. When crews arrived at 209 North 8th Street, they found a fire in the ceiling between the kitchen and upper floor. The fire spread and burned through an outside wall. Firefighters had to pull down parts of the ceiling to put it out. The fire caused a lot damage to the home.
Three people were home when the fire broke out, but all of them got out safely. The captain says there were no smoke detectors in the home, and says an electrical problem may have sparked the fire.