Grassley on "fiscal cliff" vote: "We have a spending problem" - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Grassley on "fiscal cliff" vote: "We have a spending problem"

Posted:

U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley, of Iowa, wishes Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid would have started working on a "fiscal cliff" solution in November.

Grassley, who opposed the bill passed by the Senate, says the "process" was part of the problem.

But, another problem was the "substance". Grassley says lawmakers begged for a bill to avoid a tax hike on many Americans. But, Grassley says taxes aren't the problem. Sen. Charles Grassley, (R) Iowa says, "But, the bottom line is you give the president all the revenue he wants... takes care of 10% of the trillion-plus deficit we have every year. What are you gonna do about the other 90%? In other words, we have a spending problem, not a taxing problem."

Going forward, Grassley says more attention has to be paid to a cutting spending.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.