Officials say hot ash and embers put in the dumpster lead to the fire of a garbage truck in South Sioux City Nebraska early Thursday morning.
Assistant Fire Chief Clint Nelson says when crews arrived to the 2100 block of G Street around 4:30 a.m., flames were coming out of the top cargo area of the truck. The trash had to be dumped into a vacant lot so fire crews could put out the fire.
The controllers on the truck were damaged. No one was hurt. Nelson says it's important to make sure the embers from your fireplace are completely out before putting them in the trash.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.