Creamy Cauliflower Salad - prepared by Renee Sweers, Nutrition and Health Program Specialist, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Serving Size: ¾ cup
• 2 cups cauliflower broken in to florets (about ½ head)
• ¼ cup diced onion
• 2 cups chopped lettuce (romaine works well)
• 1 chopped red or green apple
• ¼ cup ranch light dressing
1. Prepare cauliflower by rinsing well in cold water just before using it. Snap off the outer leaves and discard.
2. Use a sharp knife and cutting board to slice off stem and hollow out and remove core.
3. Cut or break cauliflower into small pieces called florets.
4. Toss cauliflower, onion, lettuce and apples in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in dressing.
6. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per serving: 40 calories, 80 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 1 g fat
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.