Short-circuited light melts siding on SC family home - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Short-circuited light melts siding on SC family home

Posted:
Fire crews took down the wooden siding to fight the fire at 3058 Isabella Street. Fire crews took down the wooden siding to fight the fire at 3058 Isabella Street.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -

A short-circuited porch light brought fire crews into Sioux City's West Side early Saturday. Firefighters were called to 3058 Isabella Street around 7:45 a.m.

Fire officials say a porch light on the side of the house had somehow short-circuited, and that caused the siding to smolder and the insulation to start melting.

They say crews worked to clear off the wooden siding, to ensure the sparks wouldn't spread any further. Crews were finished in less than half an hour.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.