Sheldon business fire sparked by electrical problem - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Sheldon business fire sparked by electrical problem

Posted:
SHELDON, Iowa (KTIV) -

A fire that heavily damaged a Sheldon, Iowa business Tuesday evening was sparked by an electrical problem.

An Iowa State Fire Marshal was able to determine that the fire at Budd-Z's Sports Bar and Bowling Alley was electrical in nature, however he could not yet say where the fire started.

Sheldon's fire chief says crews were called to the business about 6:45pm Tuesday. It was closed at the time, but the building did sustain major damage.

Firefighters were on scene for about three hours.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.