Jalapeno SPAM Hawaiian Burger and Black Pepper SPAM Spread prepared by: Phil Marchand, Sioux City Fire Rescue, Station 4
Jalapeno SPAM Hawaiian Burger
1. Cut SPAM in half and place in Hawaiian marinade. Place in fridge for at least an hour. Cook on a grill
2. Cut onion into slices and caramelize with butter on low heat
3. Melt some butter in a dish and spread on pineapple slices. Place the slices on the grill as well.
4. Cut the tomato into slices
5. Once everything is cooked place on the bun: tomato, SPAM, pineapple, onions, gouda
6. Place the burger into a warm oven for a couple minutes; just long enough to melt the cheese.
7. Finish with the leaf lettuce and mayo/avocado spread/guacamole, or whatever your favorite topping is. Goes great with sweet potato fries.
Black Pepper SPAM spread
1. Place one quarter to one half can of SPAM in a blender
2. Add sour cream and blend. Add sour cream until desired consistency is achieved.
3. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. Serve on a cracker. Compliments pepper jack cheese and cherry tomato nicely.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.