Investigators release cause of house fire on Grandview Boulevard - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Investigators release cause of house fire on Grandview Boulevard

Posted:

A breakdown of overloaded electrical extension cords gets the blame for a Sioux City house fire.

This was the scene at 1311 Grandview Boulevard on June 11th.

Smoke and flames could be seen coming from the front of the house.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Sioux City firefighters wants to remind everyone that extension cords are for temporary use only, and should not be used as permanent wiring.

The home has been red-tagged.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.