A kitchen fire leaves a Cushing, IA family homeless - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

A kitchen fire leaves a Cushing, IA family homeless

Posted:
CUSHING, Iowa (KTIV) - Fire fighters were called to the home at 4587 160th Street near Cushing, Iowa around 8:30 Monday night. Fire officials said the fire started on the stove and spread to the attic.

A woman and three kids were home when the fire started, but all got out safely.

Officials said the house is a total loss. Crews from Cushing and Correctionville, Iowa assisted in the fire. Red Cross was called in to help, but the family declined.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.