Norfolk, Neb. family is displaced by an early morning fire - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Norfolk, Neb. family is displaced by an early morning fire

Posted:

NORFOLK, Neb. (KTIV/US92) - A Norfolk, Nebraska family is displaced by an early morning fire.

Firefighters were called to a home at 308 N. 12th St. at about 4:45 Thursday morning.

Fire officials say there was heavy fire and smoke in the attic of the home.

The fire was contained to the attic, and officials say it appears the fire originated near the home's chimney.

The home is owned and occupied by Walt and Dawn Wagner.

They and their children were able to get out without injury, but an estimated $50,000 of damage was done to the home.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.