SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - A fire broke out around 8:30 at 1515 West 4th Street in Sioux City, Iowa.
Eleven people made it out of the home okay.
Paramedics did take one firefighter to the hospital for minor injuries after suffering from heat exhaustion.
Officials say the house did end up with severe smoke and fire damage and was red-tagged.
The investigation into how the fire started still continues.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - Authorities said a fire that broke out in the rear of this home at 1515 West 4th St. sent one firefighter to the hospital with heat exhaustion. But as for the occupants of the home, they're all okay.
Rescuers responded to the call around 8:30 Wednesday evening and were able to put out the fire, which was mostly contained to the main level of the home.
Mid American energy was called in to secure the power and natural gas, as a power line was reported down.
Authorities say there was conflicting information early on about exactly who was in the house - they say there may have been children or occupants in wheelchairs inside the house. But they did confirm that everyone did make it out of the home safely after sweeping the property.
"We did eventually get in, make entry into the house," said assistant fire chief Robert Wilson. "Did a primary search of the upstairs, a primary search of the basement, and eventually did a secondary search of both levels as well, and did not find anyone," Robert Wilson, an Assistant Fire Chief with Sioux City Fire/Rescue.
Fire fighters continued putting out hotspots late into the night.
Update: May, 28 - 11:19 p.m.
Firefighters say most of the damage is contained on the main level of the house. They can't confirm how many people escaped the burning building or their ages.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - A large house fire in Sioux City had firefighters scrambling Wednesday night.
Rescuers responded to a call to a home at 1515 West 4th Street around 8:30 p.m.
There were reports people had to rescued from the burning home.
Everyone was able to get out safety.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital suffering from heat exhaustion
Fire fighters were still on the scene late on Wednesday night putting out hot spots.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.