UPDATE: Firefighters say fire in Greenville neighborhood caused - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Firefighters say fire in Greenville neighborhood caused by smoking materials

Posted:
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -

Updated July 1, 2014 - 6:00 p.m.

Officials now know what started a house fire in Sioux City's Greenville neighborhood Monday night.

 The fire broke out after nine in the 31-hundred block of 2nd street.

Sioux City Fire and Rescue say the fire say the fire was caused by improperly disposed of smoking materials.

No one was home when the fire broke out.

Two dogs that were in the house at the time were not hurt.

Officials want to remind residents to dispose of smoking materials in a safe manner.

Sioux City firefighters battled a quick blaze on Monday night.

PREVIOUS STORY:

 It broke out around 9 p.m. in the 31-hundred block of 2nd street in the Greenville area of the city.

It appears no one was home at the time of the fire.

Crews quickly extinguished the flames.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.