UPDATE: Sioux City officials release the cause of a fire that se - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Sioux City officials release the cause of a fire that sent one man to the hospital


The cause of a fire Thursday in Sioux City that sent one man to the hospital is now known.

The fire broke out at 2801 11th street Thursday morning.

When crews arrived they found a 39-year-old man unconscious on the first floor.

His identity hasn't been released, but his injuries were not life-threatening.

Today, investigators say careless use of smoking materials started the fire in the basement.

It was contained to a small room in the basement.

However, the house did sustain moderate smoke and water damage and was red-tagged.

A fund has been set up for a woman and her three children who lived at the house.

She lost almost everything in the fire, including a place to live, and new school supplies.

If you're interested in donating stop by Telco Triad Community Credit Union and donate to the Brooke Hagen Fire Fund.


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KTIV Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Clayton at (712) 239-4100 x209. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.