Investigators say a fire that ripped through a home in Sioux City was caused from sparks from a fireplace.
Crews were called before six Friday morning to the house fire at 2209 Kennedy Drive
The smoke was so thick, firefighters had to open up walls and the roof to get rid of the smoke.
Three dogs were rescued, but one cat died.
The house received severe fire and smoke damage and was red-tagged by the city.---KTIV's Nissan Brown contributed to this story.
2929 Signal Hill Drive Sioux City, IA 51108
Switchboard: 712-239-4100 or 800-234-KTIV(5848)
News: (712) 226-5480
Fax: (712) 239-3025
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org