Ex-Bandits star Jackson still wants to play in the NFL - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

Sports

Ex-Bandits star Jackson still wants to play in the NFL

Posted:
Former Sioux City Bandits running back Fred Jackson still wants to play in the NFL at age 36. Former Sioux City Bandits running back Fred Jackson still wants to play in the NFL at age 36.
SIOUX CITY (KTIV) -

Fred Jackson was 26 when he finally made it to the NFL. Now at 36, the former Sioux City Bandits running back still isn't ready to retire.

Jackson will show off his skills during the Spring League Showcase next month in California. Last year, 19 players were invited to NFL mini-camps after playing in the Spring League.

Jackson played eight seasons for the Buffalo Bills and spent 2015 with the Seattle Seahawks. He has over 8,000 career rushing and receiving yards in the NFL.

Jackson played for the Bandits in '04 and '05.

  • National SportsMore>>

  • Martinez HR helps Red Sox rally from 5 down, top M's 14-10

    Martinez HR helps Red Sox rally from 5 down, top M's 14-10

    Saturday, June 23 2018 11:59 AM EDT2018-06-23 15:59:20 GMT
    (AP Photo/Elise Amendola). Boston Red Sox's Mookie Betts, left, gestures toward teammate J.D. Martinez after his single which drove in Betts and Blake Swihart, right, during the seventh inning of a baseball game against the Seattle Mariners at Fenway P...(AP Photo/Elise Amendola). Boston Red Sox's Mookie Betts, left, gestures toward teammate J.D. Martinez after his single which drove in Betts and Blake Swihart, right, during the seventh inning of a baseball game against the Seattle Mariners at Fenway P...
    J.D. Martinez homered and drove in five, and the Boston Red Sox rallied from a five-run deficit to beat the Seattle Mariners 14-10 despite a monster game from Nelson Cruz.More >>
    J.D. Martinez homered and drove in five, and the Boston Red Sox rallied from a five-run deficit to beat the Seattle Mariners 14-10 despite a monster game from Nelson Cruz.More >>
  • Ex-soccer star says Iran officials barred him from program

    Ex-soccer star says Iran officials barred him from program

    Saturday, June 23 2018 11:37 AM EDT2018-06-23 15:37:05 GMT
    The former captain of Spain's national soccer team, Carles Puyol, is claiming that Iranian TV officials barred him from appearing as a World Cup commentator because of his long hair.More >>
    The former captain of Spain's national soccer team, Carles Puyol, is claiming that Iranian TV officials barred him from appearing as a World Cup commentator because of his long hair.More >>
  • AP source: Thunder's Anthony to opt in, take $28 million

    AP source: Thunder's Anthony to opt in, take $28 million

    Saturday, June 23 2018 11:59 AM EDT2018-06-23 15:59:16 GMT
    AP Source: Thunder F Anthony to opt in, take $28 million.More >>
    AP Source: Thunder F Anthony to opt in, take $28 million.More >>
Powered by Frankly