A portable electric heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed a garage in Storm Lake, IA.
When firefighters arrived at the home, in the 400-block of Superior Street, they found the unattached garage fully engulfed in flames.
The property was owned by Matthew DeWall of Bellevue, NE. Investigators say a portable electric heater was left running in the garage, and sparked the fire.
No injuries were reported, but the garage and it's contents are considered to be a total loss. The full cost of the damage is estimated to be $15,000.
2929 Signal Hill Drive Sioux City, IA 51108
Switchboard: 712-239-4100 or 800-234-KTIV(5848)
News: (712) 226-5480
Fax: (712) 239-3025
News Tips: email@example.com