Twelve people are displaced after an apartment complex catches fire in Winnebago, Nebraska.
The Senior Citizens Complex located at 100 Peach Avenue caught fire shortly after 8:00 AM this morning.
The entire building has heavy smoke damage.
Elaine Walker who was visiting her mother at the time of the fire heard noises outside which caused her to check the main atrium, that is when she realized the building was on fire.
Walker says it was unlike anything she had seen before.
"I opened up the door, and never in my life have I seen anything like this before it was pitch black, and I couldn't see anything, and all of a sudden black smoke rolls started rolling inside the door and I said oh my God, and I closed the door and turned around and yelled the place is on fire there is smoke all over the place,"said Elaine Walker, Witness
The Red Cross will be assisting the displaced residents with places to stay if they do not have one, and common household items that may of been lost in the fire.
Several crews from the surrounding area helped battle the blaze.
Around 8 a.m. Monday, crews were called to a fire at 100 Peach Avenue in Winnebago, Nebraska.
Crews from Homer, Dakota City, and Walthill are also helping fight the fire.
KTIV has not heard of any injuries reported at this time. ?
KTIV has a crew on scene and will have details on News 4 at Noon.