Grilled Pork Souvlaki
Submitted by Brenda Reichle of St. Helena, Nebraska
2 & 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, cut in three-quarter inch cubes
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Greek oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons red wine
2 tablespoons olive oilDirections:
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork. Mix well; add pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Thread marinated pork cubes on skewers. Grill until well browned, about 15 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
3. Serve on a soft pita with Tzatsiki sauce (recipe below), diced tomatoes, and sliced sweet onion.
2 cups plain yogurt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and shredded
2 teaspoons minced garlic, crushed to paste or garlic juice
1 teaspoon saltDirections:
1. Drain yogurt in fine strainer overnight until yogurt is consistency of cream cheese.
2. Combine yogurt and all other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
3. Use as bread dip or serve with Grilled Pork Souvlaki.Do you have a pork recipe to share with Grillin' with News 4? Enter here.
2929 Signal Hill Drive Sioux City, IA 51108
Switchboard: 712-239-4100 or 800-234-KTIV(5848)
News: (712) 226-5480
Fax: (712) 239-3025
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org