UPDATE: Electrical overload causes Morningside house fire - KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Electrical overload causes Morningside house fire

Posted:
SIOUX CITY (KTIV) -

An overload of the electrical system gets the blame for a fire in the attic of a Morningside home, Tuesday morning.

Fire Rescue responded to the reported house fire near the intersection of Lorraine Avenue and South Cypress Street.

The call came in around 5:30 a-m from the homeowners who reported smoke coming from their attic.

"The homeowners were awoken to some crackling noises up in the attic, and did a little further investigation and found some smoke up in the attack space, and it was actually coming from their house." said, Captain Dustin Johnson, Sioux City Fire Rescue

If the crackling hadn't woken them Captain Johnson said the smoke alarms did sound.

The home was red-tagged, which means no one can live there for the time being.

Powered by Frankly