Advertisement

Family safe after fire breaks out in a Yankton home

Published: Jan. 11, 2022 at 10:49 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

YANKTON, S.D. (KTIV) - No injuries were reported after a late-night fire broke out at a South Dakota home.

Yankton firefighters were called to a report of a structure fire in the 500 block of E. 19th Street around 10:15 p.m. Monday night.

Firefighters said they arrived at the scene to find smoke and flames coming from the upper level of the home. They worked for three hours to ensure all the flames were extinguished due to the “unique attributes” of the home.

Fire breaks out Monday night at Yankton, South Dakota home.
Fire breaks out Monday night at Yankton, South Dakota home.(Yankton Fire Dept.)

According to the Yankton Fire Department, two children were sleeping on the level of the home where the fire originated and were alerted of the fire thanks to the fire alarms. Everyone in the home made it out safely.

At this time, the fire is believed to have been caused by electrical issues, but investigations are still pending.

Copyright 2022 KTIV. All rights reserved.