No injuries reported after house fire on Sioux City’s Market Street
SIOUX CITY (KTIV) - No injuries are being reported after a structure fire near Cook Park in Sioux City.
According to Sioux City Fire Rescue, crews were sent out to 504 Market Street at about 1:15 p.m. on Friday. When firefighters got there, both the first and second floors of the house were engulfed in flames.
Firefighters could not go into the building immediately due to the intensity of the flames but were able to quickly get it under control so they could enter and investigate.
Authorities say the building had no occupants because it had been red-tagged for months and the electricity has been turned off.
Well because of the red tag property, there’s not going to be any electricity there’s no natural gas system so all utilities are shut off so we rule that out automatically,” said Captain Ryan Collins, a deputy fire marshal. “More than likely it was intentionally set, now the question is whether or not there was any motive or intent to cause damage.”
Investigators are also trying to find witnesses as the investigation continues.
SIOUX CITY (KTIV) - Friday afternoon firefighters in Sioux City were sent out to a structure fire on Market Street.
The fire was called in at about 1:15 p.m. and crews were sent to 504 Market Street, which is right by Cook Park.
A large amount of smoke can be seen coming from a two-story house with multiple crews dealing with the fire.
No word yet on any injuries. Initial reports suggest that the building was red-tagged.
This is a Developing Story. We’ll update this article as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2023 KTIV. All rights reserved.