Update: GoFundMe established for Walthill, Nebraska family who lost their home to a fire

GoFundMe started to help Siouxland fire victims.
GoFundMe started to help Siouxland fire victims.(Holly Sheridan Primeaux)
Published: Jan. 21, 2023 at 1:18 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Walthill, Nebraska (KTIV) A Walthill, Nebraska family lost their home and a few vehicles to a fire early Friday morning according to the Walthill Fire Chief Mark English. The fire happened at 309 S. Taft Streets.

English said one of the residents heard a pop and then discovered a fire in the kitchen. Five adults and a child escaped safely but a few pets perished, English said.

When fire departments arrived, the home was fully engulfed and English said an electrical problem in a range above the stove likely caused the fire. The Winnebago Fire Department also responded to the call.

Holly Sheridan Primeaux started a GoFundMe account for her parents Mitchell and Merryann Sheridan who owned the home.

Primeaux said there will also be a benefit dance Saturday Jan 28th at the Omaha Nation School in Macy starting around 1P.M. and ending around 10P.M. All proceeds will go to her parents as well.