Houston vs. Miami (FL) Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Friday's game at T-Mobile Center has the Houston Cougars (33-3) matching up with the Miami Hurricanes (27-7) at 7:15 PM ET on March 24. Our computer prediction projects a 75-66 win for Houston, who are favored by our model.
According to our computer prediction, Houston projects to cover the 7.5-point spread in its matchup against Miami (FL). The total has been set at 138.5, and the two sides are projected to exceed it.
Houston vs. Miami (FL) Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: T-Mobile Center
- Line: Houston -7.5
- Point Total: 138.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Houston -350, Miami (FL) +280
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Houston vs. Miami (FL) Score Prediction
- Prediction: Houston 75, Miami (FL) 66
Spread & Total Prediction for Houston vs. Miami (FL)
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Houston has put together a 17-16-0 record against the spread this season, while Miami (FL) is 16-11-0. The Cougars are 15-18-0 and the Hurricanes are 13-17-0 in terms of hitting the over. The teams combine to score 154 points per game, 15.5 more points than this matchup's total. Over the past 10 games, Houston is 3-7 against the spread and 9-1 overall while Miami (FL) has gone 5-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Houston Performance Insights
- The Cougars' +658 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 18.3 points per game) is a result of scoring 74.9 points per game (98th in college basketball) while allowing 56.6 per outing (second in college basketball).
- Houston wins the rebound battle by 8.5 boards on average. It records 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in college basketball, while its opponents grab 27.4 per contest.
- Houston hits 7.6 three-pointers per game (149th in college basketball), 1.4 more than its opponents (6.2). It is shooting 34.2% from deep (173rd in college basketball) while allowing opponents to shoot 27.4%.
- The Cougars average 100.9 points per 100 possessions on offense (19th in college basketball), and give up 76.2 points per 100 possessions (first in college basketball).
- Houston has committed 3.8 fewer turnovers per game than its opponents, averaging 9.5 (14th in college basketball play) while forcing 13.3 (78th in college basketball).
Miami (FL) Performance Insights
- The Hurricanes put up 79.1 points per game (25th in college basketball) while allowing 71.6 per outing (228th in college basketball). They have a +256 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 7.5 points per game.
- The 32.4 rebounds per game Miami (FL) accumulates rank 134th in college basketball, 3.2 more than the 29.2 its opponents pull down.
- Miami (FL) knocks down 7.6 three-pointers per game (149th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 7.6. It shoots 36.8% from deep, and its opponents shoot 33.4%.
- Miami (FL) wins the turnover battle by 1.2 per game, committing 10.9 (82nd in college basketball) while its opponents average 12.1.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.