Utah vs. LSU Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Published: Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:38 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 24, 2023 at 10:38 AM CDT
Friday's contest features the LSU Lady Tigers (30-2) and the Utah Utes (27-4) matching up at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in what should be a tight matchup, with a projected 74-71 victory for LSU according to our computer prediction. Tipoff is at 5:00 PM ET on March 24.
The Utes are coming off of a 63-56 win over Princeton in their most recent outing on Sunday.
Utah vs. LSU Game Info
- When: Friday, March 24, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
- Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Utah vs. LSU Score Prediction
- Prediction: LSU 74, Utah 71
Utah Schedule Analysis
- The Utes picked up their signature win of the season on February 25, when they defeated the Stanford Cardinal, who rank No. 5 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 84-78.
- Against Quadrant 1 opponents, the Utes are 12-4 (.750%) -- tied for the fourth-most victories.
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Utah is 6-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 26th-most wins.
Utah 2022-23 Best Wins
- 84-78 at home over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on February 25
- 71-69 at home over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on January 29
- 85-58 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on December 14
- 69-67 over Ole Miss (No. 19) on November 23
- 124-78 at home over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on November 16
LSU Schedule Analysis
- On March 19, the Lady Tigers picked up their signature win of the season, a 66-42 victory over the Michigan Wolverines, who rank No. 18 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Lady Tigers have tied for the 23rd-most Quadrant 1 wins in the nation (six).
- LSU has 10 wins versus Quadrant 2 teams, the most in Division 1.
LSU 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-42 at home over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on March 19
- 76-68 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on January 30
- 69-60 at home over Ole Miss (No. 19) on February 16
- 83-66 over Georgia (No. 32) on March 3
- 82-77 at home over Georgia (No. 32) on February 2
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Utah Performance Insights
- The Utes have a +542 scoring differential, topping opponents by 17.5 points per game. They're putting up 83.5 points per game to rank third in college basketball and are giving up 66 per outing to rank 224th in college basketball.
- Utah's offense has been less effective in Pac-12 games this year, putting up 78.7 points per contest, compared to its season average of 83.5 PPG.
- The Utes are averaging 89.1 points per game when playing at home. In road games, they are averaging 78.5 points per contest.
- In home games, Utah is surrendering 2.7 fewer points per game (64.1) than in road games (66.8).
- The Utes' offense has been less effective over their last 10 games, putting up 82 points a contest compared to the 83.5 they've averaged this season.
LSU Performance Insights
- The Lady Tigers outscore opponents by 26.2 points per game (posting 83.2 points per game, fifth in college basketball, and allowing 57 per outing, 26th in college basketball) and have a +838 scoring differential.
- In SEC action, LSU has averaged 5.9 fewer points (77.3) than overall (83.2) in 2022-23.
- At home, the Lady Tigers score 85.9 points per game. Away, they average 77.2.
- LSU concedes 52.8 points per game at home, and 63.2 on the road.
- Over their previous 10 games, the Lady Tigers are scoring 74 points per contest, 9.2 fewer points than their season average (83.2).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.