Twins vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 7:08 AM CDT|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 3:09 PM CDT
The Los Angeles Angels (24-23) and Minnesota Twins (25-21) square off on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Angels will give the nod to Shohei Ohtani (5-1) versus the Twins and Pablo Lopez (2-2).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Twins vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 4:07 PM ET
- TV: BSW
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Ohtani - LAA (5-1, 3.23 ERA) vs Lopez - MIN (2-2, 4.00 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Twins Injury Report|
|Angels vs Twins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Angels vs Twins Player Props|
|How to Watch Angels vs Twins|
|Angels vs Twins Odds|
|Angels vs Twins Prediction|
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Pablo Lopez
- The Twins will send Lopez (2-2) to the mound to make his 10th start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 4.00 ERA and 66 strikeouts over 54 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.00, with 11.0 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are hitting .222 against him.
- Lopez is trying to collect his sixth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Lopez is looking to record his eighth start of five or more innings this year in this game.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani (5-1) will take to the mound for the Angels and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance came in relief on Monday when he threw seven innings out of the bullpen against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up five earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 3.23 ERA and 12.1 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .145.
- In five starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- In five starts this season, Ohtani has lasted five or more innings eight times, with an average of 5.9 innings per appearance.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 28-year-old ranks 27th in ERA (3.23), fourth in WHIP (.906), and fourth in K/9 (12.1).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.