Twins vs. Giants Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
The Minnesota Twins (25-23) host the San Francisco Giants (23-24) at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday, in a matchup of two hurlers with top-10 ERAs. Sonny Gray (1.64 ERA) takes the hill for the Twins, while the Giants will go with Alex Cobb (1.94).
The Twins will give the nod to Gray (4-0) against the Giants and Cobb (3-1).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Twins vs. Giants Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Target Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - MIN (4-0, 1.64 ERA) vs Cobb - SF (3-1, 1.94 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Twins Injury Report|
|Twins vs Giants Betting Trends & Stats|
|Twins vs Giants Player Props|
|Twins vs Giants Prediction|
|How to Watch Twins vs Giants|
|Twins vs Giants Odds|
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sonny Gray
- The Twins will send Gray (4-0) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in four innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 1.64 ERA and 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .210.
- He has three quality starts in nine chances this season.
- Gray has started nine games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings eight times. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alex Cobb
- The Giants are sending Cobb (3-1) to the mound to make his 10th start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 1.94 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he tossed 3 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 35-year-old has a 1.94 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .277 to his opponents.
- Cobb heads into the matchup with four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Cobb will try to record his seventh matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging 5.7 innings per appearance.
- This season, the 35-year-old ranks second in ERA (1.94), 51st in WHIP (1.353), and 46th in K/9 (7.8) among qualifying pitchers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.