Twins vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
Published: May. 26, 2023 at 1:12 PM CDT
The Toronto Blue Jays (26-25) and Minnesota Twins (26-24) square off on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Target Field.
The probable starters are Kevin Gausman (2-3) for the Blue Jays and Louie Varland (2-0) for the Twins.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Twins vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Target Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gausman - TOR (2-3, 3.14 ERA) vs Varland - MIN (2-0, 4.18 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Louie Varland
- The Twins are sending Varland (2-0) to the mound for his sixth start of the season. He is 2-0 with a 4.18 ERA and 31 strikeouts over 28 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.18, with 10 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .255 batting average against him.
- Varland is trying to record his fourth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Varland is aiming for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 innings per start.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kevin Gausman
- The Blue Jays will send Gausman (2-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in eight innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.14, a 7.36 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.079 in 10 games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his fourth consecutive quality start.
- Gausman has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 32-year-old's 3.14 ERA ranks 25th, 1.079 WHIP ranks 19th, and 11.6 K/9 ranks fourth.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.